Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Kyle is away at camp!

Gregg drove Kyle to Camp Chickagamee yesterday around 2:00 PM. Kyle shared that he was excited but a little nervous too. Our church holds one week of camp there for 3-6th graders. I wondered if Kyle would be okay, and Gregg assured me that he would probably be too good. I think Gregg is right! Kyle will be loving it, the outdoors, rustic, kids surrounding him!! I know he'll miss us too, especially Jack. When he came back from fishing I noticed he couldn't keep his hands off of Jack!

Gregg will spend three days at camp helping teach archery (he'll go each day, about 50 minutes away). I think it'll be nice for Kyle to see him, but we definitely feel bad at the homefront as Jack has to go to daycare during those days!

Jack is keeping us busy. Thankfully he's generally set in going to bed at 8:00PM - we actually enjoyed an early movie last night with Jack in bed and Kyle at camp! Jack will sleep through the night, but usually gets up for a bit around 5:00, maybe 6:00 AM and then generally falls back asleep for another hour or two. His napping is still hit or miss; 30 minutes one day, 2 hours the next or two naps of an 1 1/2 another - we try, but if he doesn't want to sleep he'll cry, fuss and play for an hour in his crib! The other day Gregg found him on top of the table! Yes, on top of the table; he climbed up the bench and then onto the table. Needless-to-say, he loves to climb. He also screams any time he gets denied going outdoors or climbing up steps (I can't count the amount of times that happens in a day). We're working on his 12 month old tantrums.

Work is fine! I still appreciate the setting much more than when I was there the first time. So many things have improved since then. Unfortunately, all the staff are experiencing major changes due to a new company taking over. It is evident in the current attitudes of many. Hopefully this will pass!

I hope to post more pictures this week once I take my laptop to a wifi spot. Keep checking!

No comments: